Fraser Lake Public Library Strategic Plan 2013-2016
Goal 1: Reach out to the community
Increase awareness of library services available to the community.
- Write articles, update and develop website. Create information brochures. Submit articles regularly to Village News
- Have the logo appear with articles, advertising, and brochures whenever possible.
- Offer library tours to groups to promote the services (school, college, and other groups).
Improve existing library programs and events
- Story Time, author tours, 45 Books in 45 Minutes, Open Mic and other cultural events.
- Advertise events through local media, groups, and businesses.
- Develop a senior at home programme by spring 2014.
- Establish regular lines of communication with the Schools, College, Chamber of Commerce, Visitor Centre, local media. EG. Phraser Connector, Village News, Rest & Relax, school newsletters etc..
- Offer programs to the public in conjunction with the Fraser Lake Medical Clinic and Northern Health Authority.
- Make downstairs available to local groups to use (free of charge or for a small fee)
Goal 2: Improve Facility
- Develop and implement a plan to extend open hours of operation to the public through our existing budget in Jan. 2014.
- Create a map of library materials (floor plan) and improve signage for ease of locating materials in the library.
- Develop a plan for completion of the renovations downstairs.
- Develop a plan for completion of the renovations in our parking lot and the outside of our building.
- Work with the Village when undertaking these renovations.
Goal 3: Enhance Services
- Encourage staff development and excellent service through continuing education.
- Create and implement a Library Board Development plan and increase the participation by the board.
- Become WI FI Friendly by January 2014.
- Ability to offer E-Books by January 2014
- Implement surveys to users and non – users. Offer prizes as incentives
- Look at Book Clubs
- Promote Library Cards
- Increase the funding to improve the collection.
- Examine collection and technology to keep it current and in good repair. Wi Fi
- Speak to Borealis
Goal 4: Strengthen Partnerships
- Maintain a constructive relationship with the Village and Regional District.
- Continue to actively participate in the North Central Library Federation.
- Continue to maintain partnerships with local and regional literacy agencies by continuing to attend meetings and participating in the development of literacy in our area.
Goal 5: Fundraising
- Raise the profile of charitable status.
- Develop an improved friends of the library organization.
Goal 6: Improve operational efficiency
- Train staff so that more than one individual is capable of fulfilling the technical operations of the library.
- Continue to update procedures manual.